Heat Detector in Garage - Good Idea?

Hi all
It is a requirement for my kitchen re-furb to add a heat detector. So I was looking at the linked mains powered types and spreading them round the pad generally.
So the question is:
Will a heat detector work in the garage or will it false alarm on the car engine heat? Don't want to put a smoke detector in there as I tend to solder and stuff.
TIA
Phil
Yes that is only alarm for garage; it's triggered at 57oC so false alarms are unlikely.
If that's the temperature you want to be out of there. http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Fire_and_Smoke/Heat_Alarms/index.html
TheScullster wrote:

I think the more common type of heat detector intended for kitchens is rising-rate (detects sudden changes) so should work correctly in a garage. I'd check that Part B of the Building Regs is OK with having the garage as part of the alarm circuit.
http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/england/professionals/en/4000000000084.html
|Don't want to put a smoke detector in there as I tend to solder and stuff.
So you don't have a smoke detector in the kitchen because you make/burn toast there.
We have one in the caravan and put up with the occasional false alarm
--
Dave Fawthrop <dave hyphenologist co uk> Google Groups is IME the *worst*
Dave Fawthrop wrote:

And those 'false' alarms do just prove that the thing is working - how often do people check that these alarms are functioning ?
Rob
| |Dave Fawthrop wrote:
|> wrote: |> |> |> |Don't want to put a smoke detector in there as I tend to solder and stuff. |> |> So you don't have a smoke detector in the kitchen because you make/burn |> toast there. |> |> We have one in the caravan and put up with the occasional false alarm |> -- | | |And those 'false' alarms do just prove that the thing is working - how |often do people check that these alarms are functioning ?
My indoor ones when I think about it, They have never actually run out of batteries yet :--)
--
Dave Fawthrop <dave hyphenologist co uk> Google Groups is IME the *worst*

Don't understand this bit; the OP said he was using a heat rise detector...

Once a week. A reminder pops up on the PC! And batteries are changed on my birthday...