Hearing aids

I'd rather hoped that would be the case. Andrew was being a tad alarmist.

Reply to
Richard

A relative had a fall and was taken to the Heath Hospital by ambulance in a semi-comatiose state.

The relative who found him went in the ambulance and took his NHS hearing aid and other essentials at the same time, but while being transferred to another local hospital (after initial investigation at the Heath) his hearing aid vanished before he got through the initial confusion stage.

So I'm not being alarmist. Stuff disappears from hospitals, simply because of their open access.

Reply to
Andrew

Stuff also gets lost when people move wards/beds, probably not malicious.

Reply to
Andy Burns

I did too. Had an inspection of the inside of the bladder. They can do this using a small flexible camera, but this one was to allow them to do a minor operation. So used what they call a rigid cysto. So put you under first. Hope you're not eating - and have you crossed your legs while reading this? ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Try having a HoLEP procedure...

Reply to
Bob Eager

Dunno about him, but *I* have.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Had this done a couple of years ago; cameras and other equipment going down little holes never designed to take them.

And it don't half sting when you pee after the anaesthetic has worn off :-(

Reply to
Gareth's was W7 now W10 Downst

It was in a small 'tupperware' plastic pot with a lid along with personal items inside a plastic carrier bag.

At the receiving ward, the plastic bag with all its contents, including the tupperware pot, with lid still snapped into place, but by now empty.

QED it was half-inched, and like many smart phones is already out in the 'third world'.

Reply to
Andrew

Anyone here ever had the clap? I'm not sure it's still done, but many years ago when I was mis-spending my youth, I caught a dose of it and part of the treatment was to shove this umbrella shaped scraper right up your dick to take a sample. That f****ng hurt afterwards as well.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Try kidney stones

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I'll give that a miss if it's all the same to you.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

I would certainly recommend that course of action.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Pee gravel?

Reply to
PeterC

My father had those. Someone had to drive him to hospital from work, on the way he was sick out of the car window, due to the pain, and lost his false teeth!

At the hospital he was soon diagnosed and given painkillers. While awaiting admission, he spoke to a doctor, who allowed him to leave for a few hours. He called the police and got permission to walk along the hard-shoulder of the M62 with a following police car, but could not retrieve them. Without them, he couldn't eat solids for weeks until he got a new set - which were never as good as the set he lost.

On visiting him in hospital, my uncle handed him a bag of sweets shaped like teeth and gums :)

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

Yup. Pretty much amost my experience. Fortunately ionce at A & E and waiting to be seen I drank several pints of water and somehow must have passed it

If you have pains in your back, then lower abdomen then prick and blood in your urine, feel sick, wanna pee and cant, drnk lots and get to A & E.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Is a bit uncomfortable - but just imagine if they had to cut you open to look inside?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

My wife went to Specsavers a year ago and walked out an hour later with two free hearing aids. She gets free batteries and annual check too.

Another Dave

Reply to
Another Dave

Yes. You are right. Thankfully the bladder cancer was detected and removed successfully.

Reply to
Gareth's was W7 now W10 Downst

Carcinoma I'm guessing you meant.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Pretty lucky, I'd say. I had two TURBT followed BCG infusion. They fill your bladder with it once a week for three weeks, then again after 3 months, and so on. But it does seem to be working. All cysto and CT scans good (they do this after each group of BCG)

It's interesting that in the US with their cost doesn't matter private medical care, there's a big shortage of BCG. NHS seems to still have supplies.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)