Headlamp Beam Adaptors

Anyone know a website that describes in rather better detail (than the printed instructions) how to fit these beam adaptors? Car is 1999 Toyota Corolla.

Reply to
Michael Shergold

Do you mean beam converter over-lenses of beam masks, you seem to have missed out a reference to what 'how to fit these beam adaptors' actually are or if you are talking generically?

Reply to
:Jerry:

Yes the things sold to stick on the headlights for driving in Europe and other countries where they drive on the right. Michael

Reply to
Michael Shergold

You have checked there's not a control on the headlamps to set for central dip? My German car has this.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

No the only control is to adjust for a heavily rear loaded car. It allows you to move the beam up or down a bit.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Shergold

just set your headlights as low as they will normally go (i.e. setting for a fully loaded car) and don't bother with the adaptors! that's all i do when i visit UK, and have never been 'flashed' for dazzling anyone.

dave cowell, germany

Reply to
dave cowell

We just do it on the cheap and stick either tape or now old shaped pieces of painted credit card on with blue-tak. We park facing a wall then find what part of the lens creates the beam offcut then blank off just that section of the lens. Light reduction is minimal and have used the process for years now.

Gio

Reply to
Gio

Ok. I've got that as well. The dip adjuster isn't obvious, though, just by looking. I only found out about it by reading the handbook.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)