Hdmi as a monitor

Ive just connected a tele with hdmi to a mini pc. It works well except the picture overfills the screen. The pc is running windows 10 pro. I can't find a way to decrease the size, any suggestions?

Reply to
Lawrence Milbourn

Easiest thing to do first, is check whether you tv has in its settings "exact pixel" or "unscaled" or similar under the picture format options.

Reply to
Lee

If you have to resort to adjusting the PC, a piece of software that has been around a long time called "PowerStrip" still works in Windows 10. That can adjust for overscan in most cases.

Reply to
Lee

Many TVs allow for overscan. I have had the same problem. Can you look into the menus, to find it? Or look for overscan, or scan in the online manual?

Reply to
Fredxx

Have a look at the picture settings in the TV's own menu - particularly at the available aspect ratios. The LG TV which I'm using as a third monitor has something called "Just Scan" which seems to get rid of the overscan.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Almost certainly the TV overscanning. Look for a setting in its menu.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

If it has one, try a different HDMI socket on the TV.

Reply to
Jeff Layman

Dig through the TV's menu structure and turn off any "over scan" feature.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Thanks guys. Found a setting in format called original!

Reply to
Lawrence Milbourn

My Samsung 22 inch Smart TV was also set to something like overscan, as it was known in CRT tv days. I altered this setting and then the TV showed the same screen as a normal monitor. In its factory setting the extreme inch or so of the desktop was 'off screen'

Reply to
Andrew