Have your TB server u/n and password to hand

I have just had Thunderbird do an update, had it required septembers username and password to be re-entered, after the update. Luckily, some weeks ago, I'd had an email from september, confirming these very details.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

You can go Edit->Settings, Privacy and Security, Saved Passwords and it shows all your servers' configs, including passwords, in one place. (well almost, it doesn't show the TLS/STARTTLS settings and port numbers)

If you take a screenshot of this you have them all for future reference.

Theo

Reply to
Theo

Actually I had great trouble getting Eternal September to work this morning, and I don't use Thunderbird for news. I wonder if it was a server problem you had.

Reply to
Handsome Jack

I think eternal-september was very poorly for a few hours, but appears better now.

I guess their user authentication service broke.

Reply to
Pancho

Eternal September servers were down for some time this morning.

Reply to
mm0fmf

Ditto, It was corrected at some recent point.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Thanks.

In Thunderbird 102.15.1 it's Tools > Settings / Privacy and Security / Saved Passwords

Reply to
wasbit

According to their web page checker, they weren't, even though I couldn't connect for some hours -

wasbit

According to Ray Banana on the eternal-september.support it was "a temporary indisposition of the authentication server".

Reply to
Pancho

The server itself was up since I could connect, but the authentication system was not.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher