Happy Christmas

Why am I unable to find a banner clip art image on the internet simply saying "Happy Christmas"?

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

alan_m

In message , Muddymike writes

Probably because the traditional wish is MERRY Christmas and HAPPY New Year.

Time for some DIY clip art? :-)

Reply to
Graeme

Sadly that is so true. Unfortunately "Merry" has connotations of alcohol consumption which is not appreciated in certain circles such as my Christian retail customers!

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Hmm, I think they are over thinking the word. People can be merry without being drunk. Its their problem surely? I think at this rat we will have to rename spades if we want to sell them to people of a darker skin colour. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Maybe not looking with google image search?

Bob Minchin

Download something suitable from Landover Baptist?

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Cos any fule can knock opne up with any of a dozen programns

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

A slightly more helpful reply. Just downloaded and installed a free Christmas font (Kingthings Christmas) from here :

Wrote Happy Christmas using Libre Office, coloured the 72 point text red and the background green, 'captured' the image with Paint Shop Pro and saved as clip art image. Job done.

Reply to
Graeme

This reminds me of a courtroom tale I heard when defence solicitor uttered the words 'Good morning'. The Sheriff (judge) responded, 'What do you mean good morning. What's good about it?'. The solicitor indicated it was merely intended as a greeting to the bench. 'Well, that remark is both otiose and unwelcome' replied the Sheriff. The solicitor ended up unreservedly withdrawing his greeting to the bench.

Reply to
Scott

Even I can manage this. He is a cyclist. Please don't be cruel to the little snowflake.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

If Bob Marley had been there he would have shot the sheriff

Reply to
Me

But not the deputy :-)

Reply to
Scott

Misquote from Tolkein.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Tolkien.

You're welcome. :o)

Reply to
Huge

Inspired by AIUI from persons who were there. .

Reply to
Scott

Merry Christmas everyone. I'm awf.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

and may your wires not get crossed, or your plumbing leak!

Reply to
John Rumm

Happy Christmas to all.

Reply to