hansgrohe ibox for beginners !

Hi, I'm about to refit the bathroom and have opted for an ibox, thermostatic mixer, raindance airplate and exafill s bath filler. (all hansgrohe) As a novice at this, I've got a couple of questions which are probably basic..

1) I was planning to fit 22mm speedfit pipe around the whole bathroom and use as little 15mm as possible. Given the ibox/mixer/bath and shower would all be concealed plumbing, made sense to me to use 22mm for all in/outs to the ibox to keep as large a bore as possible for as much of the system as possible (albeit with more of a struggle to route pipes)...I'd obviouslyu need to convert the 3/4" ibox fitting to a 22mm pushfit, but would plan to only redcue to 1/2" at the last possible point for the shower head (since the exafill is 3/4" and my hot and cold pipework from the pump is all 22mm)

Ibox instructions however say I should use 1/2" for Hot and Cold inlet and for the shower (i.e use the 3/4" to 1/2" sleeves supplied with the ibox to reduce 3 of the ibox ports leaving the last port 3/4" for the exafill).

Looking at the internals of the ibox, although the ports are 3/4", the internal diameter of the manifold is reduced, so is there any reason not to simply plumb my 22mm hot and cold feed straight in with a 22mm-3/4" mail coupler as opposed to reducing it to 1/2" then fitting a run of 15mm pipework ? Seems to me the manifold is going to reduce everything down anyway, so why bother reducing it outside of the ibox...

Similarly for the shower head, why would I follow the ibox instructions and reduce the ibox port to 1/2" then run 1/2" pipework up to the shower head when I could just run 22mm (with a

3/4"-22mm male coupler at the ibox) up to the shower head and reduce to 1/2" at the ceiling mount (withh a suitable 22mm-3/4" eblow + 3/4" to 1/2" reducer)?

2) purely out of interest..can anybody give a basic simpleton explanation of why I need to use the temporary plug to block off the exafill whilst flushing the pipework out during installation ? From my understanding I could just open up the isolators on my dedicated hot and cold feeds in the airing cupboard to flush hot through the shower and cold through the exafill simultaneously... job done for the whole system.....the ibox instructions seem to over complicate flushing a bit of water through 2 pipes to me so I must be missing something somewhere !

thanks, Ant.

Reply to
Ant

Maybe the instructions mean at least 15mm, so that you don't try to plumb it in something too small? I can't see why using 22mm shouldn't work, but why not do everything in 15mm, as that should supply enough water anyway?

Without seeing the product I can't say, but normally it's to make absolutely sure that rubbish doesn't get where it shouldn't. If the manufacturers have gone to the trouble (and expense) of supplying a plug, it must do something!

dan.

Reply to
dent

A few years on and I have the exact same questions. I want to keep as few j oints in walls with zero access once tiled as possible. I was worried about loss of pressure on the 3 jet shower head using 22mm pipe as they go on a lot about the rain drop technology stuff it uses. Anybody have any experien ce with these hansgrohe ibox and 3 jet shower heads. It would be greatly ap preciated. Regards Jim.

Reply to
Baileyuk20

Since we are not reading this on google - we can't wee what the original question was... quote some of it and we might be better able to help.

Reply to
John Rumm