hanging/securing a stable door

The back door at the renovation property is to be a stable door. I've never hung one of these before and would be happy to receive any hints and tips regarding hanging it and the best way to secure it.
Cheers
Martin
--
Martin Carroll

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Martin Carroll

First, make sure the horse is long gone.
Martin Carroll wrote:

There are two normal approaches here. One is to temporarily fix the two bits together (including a spacer between them), and then hang it as if it were a single door - although with 4 hinges instead of two or three. The other is to hang the bottom bit first and then use it to support the (on a spacer again) while you hang that.
Its important that if you need to "shoot in" the door, that you do it treating it as one door rather than two halves - or the result will never look right.
--
Cheers,

John.