Handyman Site ready

That works too.

I tend to promise what I know that I can deliver, and if it involves a bit of extra work, then do that.

Obviously that depends on the customer and competitive situation.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Not sorted yet, but on the list.

Reply to
david lang

IMHO it barely does HTML, at least from the results I've seen. Load a page that renders badly, look at the source, oh gosh what a surprise, generated by Front Page.

I used to use the composer part of Mozilla, produces pretty reasonable code with a nice WYSIWYG editing interface along with the abilty to directly edit the code. How ever since starting to use PHP it's back to the good ole text editor.

Only because blue is the default for links in browsers. Chicken and egg I feel. Provided the text and colour make it clear that something is a link the actual colour isn't relevant. What really annoys me is use of "click here" instead of writing a decent sentance.

I guess some where under all those links on the homepage there might be a good style guide. Maybe it's in one the reports but I'm not paying a three figure US$ bill to find out. B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Steve Walker" saying something like:

Green and wrinkled?

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Sounds like a merkinism.

Anyway, I think he had it as Sill, and someone said change it to cill. Don't confuse the poor bloke.

Cheers

Paul.

Reply to
zymurgy

Nope. Ashes to ashes, Dust to dust.

Reply to
Andy Hall

And can cause a website to fail accessibility requirements and thus contravene the DDA. Some browsers used by visually impaired people present links out of context. And, of course, the wording excludes those who cannot "click here" because they can't use a mouse.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

"We are not allowed by law to work on gas systems, for which you have to be C.O.R.G.I. registered."

We are.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

We are, as DIYers, but Mr Medwayhan Dyman wouldn't be.

"We", BTW, does not necessarily include you. The legislation is qualified by the word "competent".

Nursie late on her rounds last night?

Owain

Reply to
Owain