'Hand made' planes - on another level

Following on from the thread about casting of Lie Nielsen planes in the USA this is a UK manufactured one.
http://www.holteyplanes.com/index.html
2.5k - 7k !
The Other Mike wrote:

There's a chap here in Leicester that makes planes too, with the same steel/bronze dovetailing
http://billcarterwoodworkingplanemaker.co.uk /
On 18/06/2012 19:31, The Other Mike wrote:

They're beautiful.
But the ones I inherited from my Grandfather do me fine. It doesn't seem likely I'll wear them out. And I feel they are tools, not objects of beauty.
Andy
On 6/18/2012 3:09 PM, Andy Champ wrote:

Well-made tools _are_ things of beauty!
On 18/06/2012 19:31, The Other Mike wrote:

Truly a labour of love... I think I would be almost scared to take one out of the display cabinet!
--
Cheers,

John.

On Tuesday, June 19, 2012 3:07:52 AM UTC+1, John Rumm wrote:

A bit like Ostrich Skin wrapped gold plate Leicas to me. I find it hard to believe many of these are put to hard use. Collectors pieces ?
That's not to say I don't lust after one
On Monday, June 18, 2012 7:31:51 PM UTC+1, The Other Mike wrote:

They look fantastic - but I'd need a LOT of spare cash before spending that much on a plane...

If I spent that much on a plane I would want it to fly ;-)
--
Cheers,

John.