Hand drill

My father's hand drill (1957) is on its last legs and I think I would like a new one. The Stanleys on Amazon get fairly poor reviews. Any recommendations?

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff Pearson

Car boot sales. They are a regular 'appearer' in the box of old tools under the camping table. 50p ish.

Reply to
A.Lee

I've got a Stanley Continental No748A in pretty good used condition which I never use. Wondered if it had any value. I'd guess it's '50s or '60s.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

freecycle is another option

NT

Reply to
NT

bought it in nineteen sixty-mumble and it's still going strong.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

Strangely, decent hand tools very rarely come up on my local one. Maybe the odd wallpaper steamer that takes up a lot of space.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon