half decent kitchen company needed

I'm planning to totally update my kitchen. Can anyone recommend a good company to do the designing and fitting?

Thanks

Reply to
neil leslie

It would help if you gave a hint as to which part of the country you live in.

Small local firms often give better service than national chains.

Reply to
David W.E. Roberts

Reply to
neil leslie

None of the national companies, they are all dire. Look for a local firm and ask for local references from them that you can call.

Reply to
Peter Parry

Another way is to find one of the tradesmen required (like a carpenter or decorator) and have them handle the project, getting in other tradesmen they know to do their respective parts. My parents did this for one particular project, and it worked out well. In that case, it was replacing a flat roof on two rooms, insulating it, and replacing the ceiling and redecorating one of the rooms. The decorator handled it all from their point of view, and brought in roofers, plasters, etc to do their parts of the job, and it worked out well.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I've just had John Lewis do my kithcen, good standard and a reputable company, not sure if they're in Edinburgh though.

STeve

Reply to
Steve