Hail to the king baby

Just swapped my headlight bulb in under 10 minutes.

The drivers side one with the fuse box in the way.

Reply to
ARW

Mine needs doing as well if you have another spare 10 minutes.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

My 'new' car has a brilliant idea. Using a key provided in the toolkit, the entire headlight assembly pops out. Making bulb replacement easy. Does anyone know the actual life of LED headlamp bulbs?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Until recently (until she just gave up with it), my sister had a Meriva. For that, you had to take the front bumper off to get the units out, which was a bit of a pain since the flat bits of the hex screw holes had rusted away. Everything on it seemed to be in the place that would make it the most difficult to replace. The starter motor took me a whole afternoon to change, since it was surrounded by so many other things.

Reply to
Dan S. MacAbre

On the Volvo C70, pull up a clip and the entire light cluster slides out. It's a little bit fiddly to slide it back in, but I can change a headlight bulb in under 5 minutes. Just as well, as they keep popping their clogs.

Reply to
GB

I thought mine was going to be a nightmare. I have pop-up headlights.

Three screws.

I've done it once in over 15 years. If you are popping bulbs that often it may be your car is running over voltage. (and it may be mine is under!)

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Do you have a FIAT Scudo?

Reply to
ARW

The missus has a V40. I'm almost disappointed that in three years, other than change the oil and filters, I haven't had to do anything to it.

Reply to
Dan S. MacAbre

Do the French still insist that spare bulbs are carried ?.

Small pugs and renaults seem to require much dismantling to change a bulb too.

Reply to
Andrew

There are countries where they drive without lights, to 'save on the power', or save something, except their lives of course.

Reply to
Andrew

A great amnybyears ago in an optician's waiting area, I was reading one of their professional magazines; in it an optican was describing a patient who said he needed new glasses. Having done all the tests he could find nothing wrong. The patient said the problem was when driving at night. More tests, nothing wrong and then theoptican said "You do turn your lights on don't you?" The patient said "No that would use up more petrol - this is the National Health Service - do something about it."

Reply to
charles