H shaped rail

Hi

I have a rail to put up with an H cross section, but no end fixings of any kind. Its to fit to masonry walls at right angles to the rail, iyswim. I cant work out what to fix it with though, any ideas? Whatever it is will need to be water tolerant.

NT

Reply to
NT

Drill holes in the horizontal bar of the H

Fit right-angles of steel rod into the wall.

/| /| /| /|______| /| /| /|

Drop the holes in the H onto the upstanding ends of the steel rod.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Hey, I like it. Would have to use hefty L shape hooks rather than rod, they'd rust, and the ali rail would decay due to the dissimilar metals. Hmm.

I worked out I could do it with plastic blocks, but wouldnt look very good.

NT

Reply to
NT

Hacksaw (sorry) slots in the top and bottom of the web. Fold web to 90 deg. Fold top and bottom in. Drill and bolt through the ends into the wall.

Reply to
dennis