WARDROBE RAIL END SOCKET, fixing question

I have a piece of approx 2 feet sq work top to fill a gap. It is supported at the back and one side, so 3 of the corners. For the 4th corner I have a piece of chrome rail (from floor to worktop) I intend to use WARDROBE RAIL END SOCKETS to attach it, screwed to underneath worktop. However would something like `no-nails` be suitable to fix to the floor to avoid drilling in to the tiles.

Reply to
ss

Don't use the water based. I expect TNP will recommend car body filler.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

You could use a walking stick ferrule or similar on the bottom. That should have enough friction under load for it to resist being kicked sideways, and it won't need to be stuck to the tiles.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I wish I'd thought of that, before I drilled holes in the floor.

Reply to
S Viemeister

You might want a bit more contact area than you get with the usual simple pressed metal socket. You can get "proper" flanges for this. Personally I think I would use silicone rubber as an adhesive: waterproof, flexible, sticks well to tiles. And not too difficult to remove if you need to change it later.

Reply to
newshound

Worth a try if it fails then default to the other suggestions. Thanks

Reply to
ss

I like it. Combine two ideas, walking stick ferrule glued with silicone for more security.

Reply to
newshound

yes. Car body filler is good

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Prescient. I just did

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

No cos it will keep on getting kicked in any case which will bugger it up sooner or later. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I don't at all believe that would work.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

"I have a piece of chrome rail (from floor to worktop) I intend to use WARDROBE RAIL END SOCKETS to attach it"

Wardrobe rail is too thin to support in compression. The end socket doesn't provide any rigidity.

Something like this would be a better solution IMHO.

You might get away with cantilevering this tiny piece of worktop from the two sides where you have fixings, though.

Reply to
GB

Bollocks., It can probably take someone standing on it for about 1 meter length

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Quite. The worktop is already fully supported along two edges. I am assuming it is attached to the battens, not just resting on them.

Reply to
newshound

I wonder why Turnip snipped this? "You might get away with cantilevering this tiny piece of worktop from the two sides where you have fixings, though. "

Reply to
GB

because I was responding to the point that wardrobe rail wasn't strong enough.,

It is

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yes attached to the battens.