guttering modifications

Currently my house and party wall neighbours gutters slope toward each other with a shared downpipe in the middle. I am splitting the gutters, so mine slopes away from the neighbour to a new downpipe just for me. Neighbour will have an end stop on and the existing downpipe will be just for her. But, where there is a break in the gutters, I need to prevent drips running down the wall. Any ideas ? e.g. join the gutters with some sort of offset height union, fix some lead in some way to divert the water ? Is there a standard way of joining gutters where the height changes ? Cheers, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Is it feasible to leave the gutters joined, but change the fall of your bit and put some notional barrier in the gutter around the boundary with your neighbour so your downpipe only serves your needs but deals with the joint/drip issue.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

No really, since the bargeboards are continuous across the two house. To get a fall within the bargeboard height, there will have to be a step up when my gutter starts. My gutter could actually start above hers but I don't think the bargeboard is high enough to do this. I guess the best thing may be to shape a bit of lead / copper or whatever, so it projects over the top of the neighbours gutter slightly (like a very shallow gutter) and directs any water away from the slight gap between the two. Simon.

Reply to
Simon

The normal way to have two seperate gutters meeting like this is to just have a stop end on each gutter.

How much rain is expected to get down a 5mm gap? - when we have these flash floods, the drains, then the downpipes and eventually the gutters fill with water and it *all* spills over the top.

Reply to
Phil L