GU10 240V LED bulbs - any to avoid?

Slowly grinding on with the cooker hood. I finally got the whole thing apart today, which included having to take out the GU10 light fittings and take off the chrome trim.

Bad deed of the day - I looked at the back of the fittings and there seemed to be a big black tab to turn to free them. Hmmm....bit stiff. Bit of extra twist with the pliers. There, done.

Followed by the sound of bits of GU10 falling down inside the casing. Turns out they weren't catches, but the whole fitting turned. As the fitting was a right angle elbow, the lights needed removing first. Ah, well, one needed replacing anyway.

So to GU10 LEDs of 50W equivalent. Screwfix lists quite a few different manufacturers.

Any to go for, any to avoid?

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Possibly a different dimension from the ones you had in mind but FWIW "ones with the wrong beam angle".

What that means for your cooker hood depends on where the light is, its height and the area to be lit. But one of my pet hates is people who fit narrow beam where wide is needed to illuminate the target area; and (less common) those who fit wide where narrow is needed to avoid glare.

Reply to
Robin

capfittingtype=gu10#capfittingtype=gu10&equivalentwattage=50_w&sort_by=price>

Well, I was until you questioned it.

They look like GU10s with the two dimples which lock into the fitting.

Not sure what else they could be?

Ah! Well spotted that person.

Apparently they are G4W halogen lights. Just found that in the manual. Then again I can't seem to find any reference on line to a GW4 halogen - and the model in the manual looks slightly different.

As you were - they are GU10s because fortunately I haven't thrown the broken remains of the old ones away yet and it has GU10 printed on the ceramic bit.

Phew!

Dave R

Reply to
David

capfittingtype=gu10#capfittingtype=gu10&equivalentwattage=50_w&sort_by=price>

All I need now is an answer to my original question, which was a request for recommendations for brands of LED GU10 bulbs.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Not the cheapest and there's delivery of £2.99, but Ledlam.co.uk has a choice of colour temperature equivalents and is, IME, only 24h on standard delivery. After extensive searching on ebay and Amazon, I'm leaning towards Ledlam in spite of the delivery charge - it hurts!

Reply to
PeterC