grout / silicone interfacea

One thing that I am never quite happy with is the interface between grout a= nd silicone. For example, where you have tiled down to a worktop, the grout= lines come down, and at some point will intersect with the silicone runnin= g horizontally. Since the grout is usually slightly recessed and the silico= ne slightly tapered, its hard not to end up with the silicone pulling up ov= er the grout line and then you end up with those skinny flaps of silicone t= hat should really be avoided and can trap dirt and moisture. In my bathroom= this overlap is going a little grey with mould. The other option is to grout down to the worktop, but this can crack out ev= entually and does not form as good a seal. What is the best way to avoid these problems ? Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson