Greens

Beware, there will be greens on your plate this Christmas. Be careful with the explosive variety, the ones they call BS....
--
Adrian C

I heard on the news yesterday that many people may well have a genetic issue which precludes digestion of Sprouts.
Brian
--
Brian Gaff - snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk

Does this mean the kids refuse to cook them??
[Not even bunny]
David WE Roberts wrote:

No, but the skids aren't easily removed.
--
Paul - xxx
"You know, all I wanna do is race .. and all I wanna do is win"

Never been a great fan of brussel spouts, but once cooked they are exactly the right size and consistency to fit into the payload bay of a party popper...
--
Andrew Gabriel

They're my favourite vegetable. I have them with dinner most evenings at this time of year.
--
Today is Pungenday, the 66th day of The Aftermath in the YOLD 3177
"At this time of year it's easy to forget the true meaning of
On 24/12/2011 10:44, Huge wrote:

I wondered what that smell was....

:o)
You're South of me - you're safe.
--
Today is Pungenday, the 66th day of The Aftermath in the YOLD 3177
"At this time of year it's easy to forget the true meaning of
So you are the alien
Brian
On 24/12/2011 10:33, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

I have always found they make excellent biodegradable air rifle targets ;-)
--
Cheers,

John.

On Sat, 24 Dec 2011 10:33:35 +0000, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

I am really glad that I'm not the only one to have tried that! :-)
On 24/12/2011 16:56, Jules Richardson wrote:

Must confess I had not... but I might now ;-)
--
Cheers,

John.

On 24/12/2011 10:08, Brian Gaff wrote:

I recall a survival expert being interviewed on the radio once. This guy had eaten all sorts of horrible stuff in the wilderness.
The interviewer asked him what was the worst thing he had ever eaten. He thought for a moment & replied "brussel sprouts"!

On 24/12/2011 10:08, Brian Gaff wrote:

http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16136138
I hate the things.

On 24/12/2011 10:08, Brian Gaff wrote:

Neither my wife nor I can stand sprouts at any price - but our son likes them, having been given some by his grandmother.
We once had lunch - including sprouts - in a restaurant, when he was a kid. My wife and I gave all our sprouts to our son, who ate most of them - including his own - but had to leave a few. When the waitress came and saw the sprouts left on his plate, she said "Typical boy - hasn't eaten his sprouts!" We fell about!!
--
Cheers,
Roger
Adrian C wrote:

That would be Friends of the earth right?

Sprouts - excellent.