Green Deal closed

Government has closed the green deal home improvement fund with immediate effect. They claim the money has run out over the last two days. Applications which were in by yesterday will be honoured.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

They said months ago they were doing this, Every year almost they come up with another initiative and call it something else. When I got my storage heaters they were running something called Warm Front, I got three storage heaters for nowt. I got half price loft lagging and loads of useless low energy bulbs that i never used and gave away. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Andrew Gabriel wrote

Would that be the deal where you got stuff to reduce your energy use, but paid more for power for ever and day?

Some deal that was.

Reply to
Jabba

We can now look forward to a load of shysters going out of business as their only income is taken away.

Reply to
A.Lee

...worth every penny. Just about.

Reply to
Adrian

No, this deal was the once that followed the one you described which was such a bad deal that the take up was very poor

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Ooohhh does that mean I no longer need a Green Deal number and EPC to not get the RHI on our hybrid Solar Thermal system? If they are buggering about with these things maybe they will have removed that restriction?

Eh? How can the money have run out, there has been sod all take up! And it's a loan paid back by higher electricity bills (tied to the property) for n years.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Wanders off for a dig, comes back re reads body of the OP and not just the Subject: B-)

Green Deal still exists, ie the assesment/recomendations and the lecky bill linked loan that has spectacularly failed.

It's the "Green Deal Home Improvement Fund" that has been closed. That was effectively a grant for home insulation improvement. Still need to be a recomendation from a Green Deal Report and use a Green Deal approved installer though.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

For the lazy:

ovement-fund-close

For the even lazier:

Due to overwhelming popular demand, the Green Deal Home Improvement Fund is closed for applications with immediate effect.

A surge in applications over the last two days means the allocated budget h as now been reached. All applications received prior to the fund closing th at satisfy the terms and conditions and meet the eligibility criteria will be honoured at the original rates.

The Green Deal Home Improvement Fund was set up to help households "The Green Deal Home Improvement Fund is a world first and in a short space of time it has proved extremely popular.

"We were always clear there was a budget which is why we encouraged people to act quickly.

"As a result, thousands more families will now benefit from Government help to have warmer homes which use less energy."

Earlier this week DECC announced changes to the scheme, caused by the hugel y positive response since its launch at the beginning of June.

The Department of Energy and Climate Change will monitor voucher redemption rates and will consider whether to launch a further offer should funds bec ome available.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Bob Minchin wrote

Right, so this one was the 'get you in the red' deal ?

Reply to
Jabba

Dave Liquorice wrote

The deal that didn't tell you what you were borrowing or paying back. Was it being run by a Nigerian ?

Reply to
Jabba

Does that mean an end to those bloody annoying cold calls saying we're entitled to a new boiler/loft insulation/external insulation et al? If so three hearty cheers! :)

Reply to
The Other John

And you had to be a one eyed, black, paraplegic lesbian to qualify.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Especially when you already have a new boiler, loft insulation etc.

Reply to
David.WE.Roberts

No this isn't the scheme with a poor value loan that's attached to the house and funded by higher bills, it's the scheme to repay you some of the costs you've forked out for improvements - provided it's done by someone with the right green handshake.

Reply to
Andy Burns

No it was the pot of money that they were using to bribe people to sign up to the useless deal.

Except that the bribe was so good that a few people have being given riches and, now that it has run out, the rest of us us still stuck with the useless deal.

What they should have done was to use the money to bring the loan terms down to something that matches what people can actually get in the real world in

2014, not what they might pay if base rates were 10%

tim

Reply to
tim.....

Of course giving 100 pounds away on the corner of the street was "popular". Why did they expect otherwise?

tim

Reply to
tim.....

And the loan/payback by bigger lecky bills attached to the property is still available,

And have your ear very close to the ground, I wasn't aware of the GDHIF, if I had been I'd have been looking at it. I know I dug about on the web fairly recently looking at similar grant schemes, the one I found did have restrictions like being a pensioner or on certain benefits.

Just dug about and found a cached .gov.uk page with a link to the GDHIF T&C's, no age, benefit or similar restrictions in there that I can see. No wonder the government has had their hand bitten off! But surely they know how many properties would be eligiable, what work they would require and thus a good guesstimate for the required budget.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

It's been mentioned here e.g. in a recent boiler thread

Reply to
Andy Burns

Up to £7,500... 75% or about £6,000 which ever is the lower for soil d wall insulation, another £1,000 ish for any two from a list of the normal insulation things and a few "upgrades". If you had had a GDA in the last two years up to £100 for that.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice