Great big lumps of wood

Well, not quite, I've been browsing 'log' cabins and am astounded at the prices. Seems to me I could find somewhere that sells what I know as pioneer poles (retired scout) and make myself a nice shed/workshop from them. Only problem is, where from and how much? Based in Manchester area.

Reply to
Clint Sharp

What about secondhand telegraph poles or even railway sleepers?

cerberus

Direct from a harvesting contractor doing a thinning. There's a chap that works the woodlands around reservoirs in that area.

AJH

Reply to
AJH