Google SNAFU'd?

I just wrote an informative reply to the thread "Grandmothers fuse- box", and also posted it to other NG's of interest, but it vanished into thin air when I sent it, and has not appeared on any of the
groups, even the original thread has now disappeared from uk.d-i-y.
What's happened to Google Groups?

I just replied to my own to see if it would work.

It does now, but not before when I took a lot of time to write an informative reply.
Not much point to this is there?
alexander.keys1 goes:

Stroking your own always works, even when the girls -- erm, I mean Google -- let you down.

You could take five minutes and learn how to read newsgroups properly. Google Groups is what AOL used to be: a repository for the clueless.
It's meant to be an archive, not an interface. Even Outlook Express is preferable, they say.
--
Alan Hope
http://sour-grapes.tumblr.com /

And the *really* clueless don't understand why some of us use Google Groups.
MBQ
On 14 Mar 2007 05:54:51 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com"

You are at work skiving on the computer when you should be working ?????

(Crossposts removed)
Why bother with Google for newsgroups anyway? It's hardly the best way to read them.
--
*If vegetable oil comes from vegetables, where does baby oil come from? *

Before you respond to someone it's a very handy way of catching up on what people have been posting (petrol additives, Global warming). where they've been posting (uk.d-i-y, uk.tech.broadcast, uk.tech-digital-tv) and what sort of contributions they make.

It's a bit shit, so sometimes the posts you make just don't appear. Hence, I've learned that whenever I use GG, I highlight and copy the text first, then wait until it shows up (doesn't take long) before making another post.
On 13 Mar 2007 16:51:17 -0700, "alexander.keys1"

Well the original posting IS there ...well I can see it on PlusNet's server using Agent . Stuart
On 13 Mar 2007 16:51:17 -0700, "alexander.keys1"

Get yourself a "proper" Newsreader ..like Free Agent or Outlook Express or some of the others .

Then convince your employer to open up NNTP to allow lunchtime access etc.
Once you've done that tell me how you did it and we can all do the same and stop the endless debate once and for all.
In the meantime Google Groups it will have to be...
Mathew

Quite.
It's far from perfect (and the latest version is another two steps back), but it does the job. There's certainly been a problem in the last day or two with groups not updating for ages, and I'm sure I've lost a couple of posts of mine.
-- "Multitasking: Reading in the bathroom"
On 14 Mar 2007 03:43:00 -0700, John Laird wrote:

There appear to be alot of people using it, judging from my website traffic. Noticeable delay in them visiting the site though compared to those coming direct from usenet. Holly (using Dialog)
--
A couple of properties for sale in Dordogne
http://www.la-plaine.com

I think this must be the first time I've ever seen Outhouse Distress mentioned in the same sentence as "proper" newsreader without some form of negative.
Adrian
--
To Reply :
replace "news" with "adrian" and "nospam" with "ffoil"

Yeah .Thats what I was thinking as I wrote it but it's more proper than Google is anyway . lol

Remember: Google Groups uses Ajax, which is in the habit of sending your posts to the toilet if you're not careful. Example, you hit the send button, but unlike traditional webforms which divert you to a confirmation page after posting, this asynchronous technology lets you continue browsing the page you were on while it attempts to post your message in the background. The downside is that, should you navigate away from the page while it's still trying to post your message (and if there are network problems, this can run into minutes), you will lose it forever.
Unless you've disabled certain dialog messages, IE7 and FF2 should warn you about this, giving you the option not to leave the page.
If your ISP provides a Usenet news server, use that instead. Also, do a poo in an envelope and send it to the guy who recommended you use Outlook Express. Lawl. xD
Daniel Lincoln wrote:

I thought it was AGOVV Appledoorn. Cheers Jeff
--
Travels in Peru - December 2006
http://home.orange.nl/jeff.lawrence/index.htm

Non-drinking footballers? I bet they don't roast much either. =D