Google and alarm times.

Tap on Google speech and ask for an alarm on Sunday morning at 8am.
Not much to ask.
Google cannot do it on my phone.
--
Adam

ARW wrote:

andy: "set alarm for sunday 8am"
google: "actually, alarms can only be set within the next 24 hours"
andy: "set reminder for sunday 8am"
google: "what's the reminder for?"
andy: "work"
google "ok, do you want to save this?"
andy: "yes"
you only get a single, fairly quiet "beep" when it pops up on screen though ...
Andy Burns wrote:

andy: "set reminder for saturday 8am"
google: "what's the reminder for?"
andy: "to set an alarm for sunday"
google "ok, do you want to save this?"
andy: "yes"
On Friday, 12 October 2018 19:58:52 UTC+1, ARW wrote:

TNP and I just dial 76 0800 0 1 # on our Panasonic PABX systems :-)
Owain
On Fri, 12 Oct 2018 12:17:06 -0700, spuorgelgoog wrote:

I just dial 125 0800 on my homebuilt Asterisk box with custom dialplan..
snipped-for-privacy@gowanhill.com writes

Does no-one use an alarm clock any more?
--
Graeme

writes

Only the dinosaurs do. I don't even use any clocks anymore, much more convenient to ask siri the time, don't have to put my glasses on or even turn over to face the clock anymore.
I can also ask it other stuff like the temperature, to turn off do not disturb that I always turn on when sleeping and to turn the lights on too.
On 13/10/2018 06:42, Rod Speed wrote:

Me: "Siri, what time is it?"
Siri: "The time is 2:47 AM"
Wife whacks me over the head for waking her up.
SteveW
writes

That’s what you get for being stupid enough to have one.
On 13/10/2018 20:58, Rod Speed wrote:

To have what? A wife?
--
Max Demian

writes

Yep.
On Saturday, 13 October 2018 19:57:52 UTC+1, Steve Walker wrote:

Wodneys OK sheep don't do that.
On Saturday, 13 October 2018 06:42:28 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:

That's why they lasted a couple of hundred million years.

but you still have to be awake.

You turn the lights on when sleeping ?
Without a clock function not even siri would work.
On Sat, 13 Oct 2018 06:28:08 +0100, Graeme wrote:

I use an alarm clock, a radio alarm AND the phone!
writes

And wear a belt and braces, and superglue your pants on too.
On 13/10/18 06:28, Graeme wrote:

No.
My phone alarm app has:
1) Unlimited alarms with day patterns;
2) Ascending volume over some minutes;
3) Infinite more or less snooze repeats (not 4 then alarm disabled!);
4) Custom alarm sounds for each alarm.
There isn't an alarm clock on the planet that can compete.

Except that my bedroom alarm clock switches on a decent sound system. And I can't forget to take it to the bedroom.
Of course if you need an alarm you can carry with you, not much use. As I've no doubt Adam needs. I have all the alarms I need on this desktop. Mainly as reminders to take an action.
--
*The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind *

On Sat, 13 Oct 2018 11:45:31 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

I set that up when I was a student in the early '70s.
I was often woken by people hammering on the door telling me to turn the music down.
On Saturday, 13 October 2018 14:16:49 UTC+1, Bob Eager wrote:

I missed a tutorial because I had my clock-radio tuned to the student radio station, which of course did not broadcast before mid-day[1], but the last person in the studio the night before was supposed to change over to a nig ht feed from another station, but didn't.
Owain
[1] Apart from Wey Hey It's Monday every Tuesday morning.

Don’t need to remember when there is one of those Echo things or something like that there.

Trouble is that those don’t work when you arent in the house.
IMO the best approach is to have it all in the phone, with at least one of those Echo type devices next to the bed so you don’t have to remember to take the phone into the bedroom at night. And can ask the Echo device what time it is so that if you wake up in the dark you can check the time without having to turn over to face the clock or put your glasses on.