Google and alarm times.

Tap on Google speech and ask for an alarm on Sunday morning at 8am.

Not much to ask.

Google cannot do it on my phone.

Reply to
ARW

andy: "set alarm for sunday 8am"

google: "actually, alarms can only be set within the next 24 hours"

andy: "set reminder for sunday 8am"

google: "what's the reminder for?"

andy: "work"

google "ok, do you want to save this?"

andy: "yes"

you only get a single, fairly quiet "beep" when it pops up on screen though ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

TNP and I just dial 76 0800 0 1 # on our Panasonic PABX systems :-)

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

andy: "set reminder for saturday 8am"

google: "what's the reminder for?"

andy: "to set an alarm for sunday"

google "ok, do you want to save this?"

andy: "yes"

Reply to
Andy Burns

I just dial 125 0800 on my homebuilt Asterisk box with custom dialplan..

Reply to
Bob Eager

In message , snipped-for-privacy@gowanhill.com writes

Does no-one use an alarm clock any more?

Reply to
Graeme

I thought with all this AI goodness, it would have been a snip.

Maybe it's not all that much cop ?

Reply to
Jethro_uk

FWIW, the Bixby thing on a Samsung does what you want.

Reply to
Richard

I use an alarm clock, a radio alarm AND the phone!

Reply to
Bob Eager

It is when you use the best of it.

Not when you use the best of it.

Reply to
samchunk

No.

My phone alarm app has:

1) Unlimited alarms with day patterns;

2) Ascending volume over some minutes;

3) Infinite more or less snooze repeats (not 4 then alarm disabled!);

4) Custom alarm sounds for each alarm.

There isn't an alarm clock on the planet that can compete.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Except that my bedroom alarm clock switches on a decent sound system. And I can't forget to take it to the bedroom.

Of course if you need an alarm you can carry with you, not much use. As I've no doubt Adam needs. I have all the alarms I need on this desktop. Mainly as reminders to take an action.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I set that up when I was a student in the early '70s.

I was often woken by people hammering on the door telling me to turn the music down.

Reply to
Bob Eager

In message , Tim Watts writes

I find getting up when the alarm first sounds easiest. Well, I did until I retired, now I just have the clock without the alarm :-)

Reply to
Graeme

I missed a tutorial because I had my clock-radio tuned to the student radio station, which of course did not broadcast before mid-day[1], but the last person in the studio the night before was supposed to change over to a nig ht feed from another station, but didn't.

Owain

[1] Apart from Wey Hey It's Monday every Tuesday morning.
Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I have one of these

However it's not worth setting it for Sunday as I will not be at home.

Reply to
ARW

Is that only on the S8?

I only have a A5 and ATM do not have any intentions of upgrading (SIM only contract)

Reply to
ARW

Sure. Mine runs on a C cell and I've had it 25 years.

No tone control (not that the one on my 25 year old Sony works, mind)

Reply to
Tim Streater

But it resets the time if there is a power cut and I can see the display without my glasses.

It certainly needs some tone control. Woke up this morning to Cher singing Dancing Queen. Talk about killing a song.

Reply to
ARW

Seems it's only for S8 and up :(

Reply to