goo goo gaa gaa

always said that those who buy EVs are not car people................they are appliance people and a car / EV is just another appliance..........enter tesla - an appliance

appliance people are the types who love apps and rainbow screens to stimulate the inner baby in them..........ooooooooooooooe gaga gaga googoo

never been in a tesla - bet it has rainbow screens with heeps of superfluous garbage to attract and stimulate manbaby

press this touch screen and it tells me next nearest charging point..........me all stimulated and happy now...........me press another and it tells me range left........whoooooooooa............me never so happy since my baby rattle

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

I will have you know every one of the five mustangs I have owned from a '66 to a 2012 were more fun that any electric car...stuff Greta

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

"2022 Tesla Model S Plaid First Test: 0?60 MPH in 1.98 Seconds*! *Under very specific conditions dictated by Tesla, that is.

After an exclusive MotorTrend first test of the new 1,020-hp 2022 Tesla Model S Plaid, a car with a promised 1.99-second 0-60-mph time, we can confirm the 2.0-second 0-60 barrier remains unbroken. Unless, that is, you write your own rules."

It's the acceleration, Jim.

Even on cars with more subdued motor configuration, that's the first thing customers comment about, is being "pressed into their seat".

It takes a pretty gimped BEV, to not get that effect.

Paul

Reply to
Paul

On 20/11/2021 20:28, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote: ooooooooooooooe gaga gaga googoo

The noise you will regularly hear when a female is looking round a 'show house' complete with those ghastly bifold doors, square bogs, £2000 'designer' taps, ....

Reply to
Andrew

Jim, for most people a car is an appliance.

It gets you from A to B, admittedly in varying degrees of comfort etc.

You drive old clunker appliances because you can?t afford anything better.

Others buy new appliances, sometimes several of them.

Get over it.

The real enthusiasts have a true classic cars the maintain etc, they don?t palm them off onto unsuspecting buyers when they are unsafe etc.

Reply to
Brian

Most electric cars will out-accelerate all of your mustangs though, (but maybe not this one :- )

Andrew

So how come 3.5 Billion smart phones have been sold globally ?

Let some other vanity-clot pay the initial 3-year depreciation ?

250,000 get their vanity cars for free thanks to the motability scam. (But that means 250,000 mostly underused and fully maintained vehicles end up on the 2nd hand market every 3 years).

ROFL.

Reply to
Andrew

saw an electric single decker bus accelarate like a bat out of hell...big deal

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

I just wave goodbye to them...tee hee

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

well they can't drive so that is OK

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

wrong again I have been into cars since I wrote off my mini at 17 and had to build it into a new shell...invaluable experience that was....I can afford any new car but chose not to due to bad experiences buying new in 1973 1976 and 1982.....would hate to be forced to buy now.....as usual you misunderstand what is a good car

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

that is brian reay then....tee hee

think he is talking about his old miata green rice box....he thinks that is a classic...tee hee

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

They don't get them for free. If their disability is severe enough, they get the enhanced mobility element of PIP or DLA, which is to cover the cover extra transport costs they face - as many disabled people have to travel by car, taxi, train or bus, when the rest of us would walk or cycle, so it costs them more simply to go about their day. That money os for them to use to aid their mobility in any way that suits them.

What they can do is choose to pay that mobility element to Motability, in exchange for a car (and often an up-front, lump-sum payment as well). It does work out cheaper than a normal lease, but not necessarily by much. The main advantage is that the lease can be ended at any time, if the disabled person's benefits change and they no longer qualify for Motability. A normal lease would be fixed term and there would be a sizeable penalty for early exit.

Reply to
Steve Walker

Which electric cars have you driven, Jim?

Not that it would take much to make a far better car than a Mustang...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

London trolley buses were quite nippy from standing start, couldn't hold on with one hand on my bike.

Reply to
Sysadmin

My 300hp Golf spec says 0-100kph or 0-62mph in 4.7secs, you do need the 4 wheel drive though.

Reply to
Sysadmin

Ah the silent death

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

none.....in your opinion

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Andrew snipped-for-privacy@mybtinternet.com wrote

Because they are a very useful appliance which allows you to be communicated with and to communicate wherever you happen to be and to have access to whatever you need access to anywhere.

It isn't just vanity, that approach gives you vastly more choice on the config of what you are buying and when you aren't actually stupid enough to change it every couple of years or so, the cost is irrelevant.

Again, it isn't vanity.

Yes, the time scale is stupid now.

Reply to
John Brown