Glyphosate and neighbours

Sadly untrue.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Sorry, person on the first floor thinks the others are incompetent. I tend to agree.

Reply to
Scott

It's not entirely fallacious. The people who owned this house before us mounted a tap on a cherry tree using brass screws and that was making the tree rather poorly. Admittedly, it wasn't dying.

Reply to
Huge

Go and buy a small bottle of Dirt Company approved organic non functioning insecticide. Pour contents away, refill with Glyphosate. When neighbour asks what you are doing wave bottle of greeny approved glop and point at soil approved label.

Reply to
Peter Parry

Agreeing on how to deal with a shared garden is a nightmare. There sometimes seems to be more opinions than parties involved.

Surely there is an obligation on the parties to pay costs incurred by their representative or by the management company?

Reply to
pamela

*Everything* is "chemicals". Even the pint of glop inside your head that you are apparently not using for anything.
*applause*
Reply to
Huge

In message , Peter Parry writes

There are products other than Glyphosate if this all that frightens them.

Grazon will sort the scrub and weeds leaving established grass alone. Professional use and you should have PA1 PA2 certificates for knapsack work.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Yes, but we are 'self-factored' meaning the building is managed by the residents, who at the last meeting split 4-4 on the vote. This was for roof repairs where some thought the first bidder was too cheap and others thought the second bidder was too expensive. We therefore did not have the five votes needed for a decision.

Reply to
Scott

I believe they are all glyphosate anyway.

Bring back sodium chlorate. I remember using it at my previous place and within two hours it looked as though the place had been napalmed.

Reply to
Scott

This is similar to my original idea of saying organophosphate is the special organic form containing no chemicals :-)

Reply to
Scott

Scott pretended :

You could always write a rude word in the grass, with weed killer. Best done when all are in bed.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Is this done through a limited company or is it arranged as a sort of club? There surely must be some agreed process when a split vote occurs.

I've seen such an arrangement come a cropper when provisions were made for a unofficial sinking fund.

Reply to
pamela

It's in Scotland so regulated by the Tenement Management Scheme in the Tenements (Scotland) Act 2004:

Yes, I'm a bit nervous about funds held by our Residents' Association. I prefer to sideline the RA and convene as a statutory meeting, but the others (apart from one solicitor) see this as purely academic.

Reply to
Scott

Sorry, I thought you were implying that Sainsbury's weedkiller was safer.

I've got over 100 litres after dilution but I won't tell them that :-)

Reply to
Scott

TBH I never looked at was in the weedkiller. I know that it killed a

16ft conifer in a year just by pouring it on or around the roots. Well dead enough just that they had to cut it down.
Reply to
ARW

The ones I nailed into my MD's tree in his front garden have done f*ck all in two years.

He knew about it, he supplied the nails and said "wait until the wife is out before you fit them"

Reply to
ARW

Back to glyphosate. Takes a while to "develop" :)

Reply to
Tim Watts

Where do you get 'copper nails' from? I'd guess they're quite difficult to knock in too as copper is decidedly soft.

Reply to
Chris Green

Amazon marketplace

Reply to
Andy Burns

Only if it is very pure, and not if it is cold-worked. Or perhaps "copper" nails are actually bronze? 5% tin won't add much to the cost but will make them as strong as steel.

Reply to
newshound