Glow-Worm Xtrafast 96 Timer Problem

I have a Glow-Worm Xtrafast 96 which has decided, after only 30 months, to stop all timer functions. A replacement timer will cost =A350 however it is only a 24hr programmer and ideally I would like a 7 day timer. The optional remote control unit with integrated 7 day timer is a STAGGERING =A3150, clearly not an option for me. I have investigated the controller connections and read the manual for the =A3150 unit and it seems that the remote control unit uses digital data stream rather than a basic analogue on/off arrangement.

Does any one have any ideals how I can get around this problem (without putting a timer plug adaptor on the main lead). I would like to by a =A330 Honeywell/Drayton type programmer.

There are 4 terminals on the old defective timer, all the cables are white (Thank you Glow-Worm)?

Would I be right in assuming that they are Live/Neutral and the on/off signal??

Thanks, Marco

Reply to
bearsparko

Does any one have any ideals how I can get around this problem (without putting a timer plug adaptor on the main lead). I would like to by a £30 Honeywell/Drayton type programmer.

There are 4 terminals on the old defective timer, all the cables are white (Thank you Glow-Worm)?

Would I be right in assuming that they are Live/Neutral and the on/off signal??

Thanks, Marco

Just go and get that "daddy" 7 day timeer - you know you want it !

DeeBee - yes you know who ;-)

Reply to
DeeBee

give you a pdf of the installation and service manual The clock is shown as connecting to the control unit by four wires. It is likely that they will be two "power" wires for the clock motor and two "switched" wires, possibly a volt free contact in the clock. Given a bit of investigation to confirm this assumption you should be able to use any timer with volt free contacts and suitable power needs. A possible solution would be to use a battery powered digital programmable room stat

Reply to
John