Glazing bars, shallow sloping roof

We are designing a verandah with a glass roof.

Our local glass supplier has a preferred supplier of glazing bars but this type are designed for a mimimum slope of 15 degrees.

Our roof will have a slope of 9.5 degreees.

So we either use the proposed glazing bars outside their normal design range or source other glazing bars.

Anyone built something similar with toughend glass and glazing bars and a shallow slope? [Oh, and we don't want polycarbonate, thanks.]

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David WE Roberts

I just had a look at some online and their minimum was 5° (Google glazing bars Birchwood 226) - however they were only suitable for glass up to a span of 1.4m. I'm sure there are plenty of others though if you need longer.

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW