Glass walls

Is toughened safety glass the same as laminated, or are they 2 different types of glass but essentially do the same thing ?

Reply to
Justin

Two different things. Toughened glass is created through a heat process. Laminated involves bonding two sheets together with a layer of plastic between them.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

AH! That's why I was so ignorant :-) No telly.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Oh, sorry. It was a LONG time ago :-)

That's my subject!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

To clarify further. Toughened glass goes off, and it creates thousands of razor-sharp edged cubes of glass. It's very hard to kill yourself with these, but they are very, very unfunny to tread on in bare feet, or try to catch yourself with your hands on.

Laminated glass on the other hand if it's broken stays more or less in one bit, even if bent. There may be small shards and bits that fly off, but these are typically small, and few in number.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Well I for one wouldn't want to watch a pair of 65 yr old wrinklies falling out of their corsets and bloomers!

Reply to
Pet

Is that what you wear?

We don't.