Glass kitchen splashbacks

Anyone done these?

Seems 6mm toughened is standard, usually spray painted on reverse and attached with mirror adhesive. Allowing a few mm for expansion on dimensions.

Looking for a supplier/ manufacturer oop North preferred, and of course, any experiences, gotchas, logical thoughts on the topic.

Cheers Jim K

Reply to
JimK

Nope.

For the smoked shelves for my chimney TV unit, I used this mob

Delivery was a little slower than expected (though Easter did intervene) the finish if the rounding/polishing was excellent, they're darn sarf, but delivery was by courier anyway and packaging was very good.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Andy Burns wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@brightview.co.uk:

Perhaps not North enough:

Personally -- I prefer them to be removable for decorating. I would also worry about the adhesive pulling off the colour.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Talk to your local glass merchant. I got plain toughened glass for shelving made to measure from a company three miles from where I live, in Leicester so not north enough. If the market's calling for coloured I'd be surprised if they couldn't do it.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

You can pickup various sizes of tempered glass in Ikea, you can't cut them but you may be lucky.

Eg

I used one for a desk.

dennis

Talk to your local glass merchant./>

Er yerss, his eyewateringly 'optimistic' pricing is where the problem started....

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

When I was looking for my glass balustrade the local supplier (coincidentally in Leicester) boasted how having all the machinery in house made them cheaper, yet the were far more expensive than buying from a one man & dog outfit in Stoke on Trent, who subbed it out to a company on Merseyside - local is rarely worth it these days.

Reply to
Andy Burns