getting the 3 in 1 vac out again

She who thinks she must be obeyed wants me to shampoo the hall carpet, due to the amount of fly ash that was added to the grit for the roads.

I have hosed as much of it away from the front of the house as I can, but I think it is too early to shampoo in case we get more snow, followed by more fly ash. Support need on this.

However, to my problem...

The Hoover Aquavac, darlec in shape, uses plastic tubes to supply the shampoo down the flexible convoluted hose to the the applicator. Some of them will no longer stay in place.

I can clean them with many solvents I have, but I am looking for some type of adhesive to make them stay in place. I have tried silicone and contact ones, but they don't stick for long.

Plastic pipes, some black, the others clear, what can I use?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

I forgot to say, some of the plastics are hard and some flexible.

Reply to
Dave

definitely too early wait for later in the year when the weather is warmer so the carpet will dry quicker.... worth a try

Reply to
TMC

Thanks for the support

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Also so much easier to do in the summer when you can put larger items of furniture in the garden overnight, have lunch on the patio, etc.

Owain

Reply to
Owain