genuine pic

It's a sliding ladder than came unslid. He'll accelerate up to 60 mph and slam his brakes on to fix it.

Reply to
Max Demian

Well what I am seeing in your reply is very questionable... :-)

(In case anyone sees something else - all Greek alphabetic characters are question marks.)

Reply to
polygonum

That's just Greek to me.

Reply to
Johny B Good

_WAS_ just Greek... :-(

Reply to
Johny B Good

Here's Brad

mark

Reply to
mark

I see question marks in the follow-up - but in the original, apart from the mus, all I saw was a load of squares, ie "????? ??? ??? ????? ?????? ?????? ??????? ???????? ??? ??? ????????? ??? ????? ??? ?? ?? ????????????, ??? ??? ?? ?????? ?? ?????? ??? ???? ?? ???????."

Reply to
Ian Jackson

In message , Ian Jackson writes

Ah! My squares have been transformed into question marks.

Reply to
Ian Jackson

The wonders of WTF-8

Reply to
Andy Burns

?????? ???????

?? ?? ????????????, ??? ???

Was he pissed?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Quote:

Brad's Aerials services include:

Satellite repairs and servicing

Even his extra-long ladder is nowhere near long enough to reach a satellite. :-)

Reply to
Peter Duncanson

The installation in the picture: Contract UHF aerials; no balun; group A has a reflector less that 0.5 wavelength at ch 21. Top aerial has loose cable. Middle aerial is an end mounted 15 element -- rather likely that the boom will snap near the clamp. Too much weight there for a 1.25" mast IMO. Is the FM aerial upside down?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

I'm seeing spots drifting about at random, and the occasional bright flash. It that because my computer is old?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

No, it's 'cos you are old. (Ducks[1])

[1] That was a voluntary lowering of the head, not a term of endearment.
Reply to
Max Demian

Be fair! He has installed it outside.

mark

Reply to
mark

You mean WTF ate the Greek characters?

Reply to
Richard

No, it's vitreous detachment. If the glass in your monitor is clipped in properly and it persists, you need to see your optician.

Seriously!

Norman Wells

In message , mark writes

"All of our work is fully guaranteed, with no VAT charged."

Is that legal?

Reply to
Kennedy McEwen

If you're under the VAT threshold (£77,000 pa) then yes.

Reply to
Andy Burns

It is possible to dream up a way in which it might be legal (other than the obvious of the entire business being below the VAT threshold of, I think, £77,000).

Imagine that they operate as two organisations - one sells aerials, cable, fittings, etc., the other supplies a rigging service. The rigging service might be below VAT threshold while the supplies side is over. Or even both might be below.

So the _work_ is with no VAT charged - but there is normal VAT on all materials.

Whether they'd be able to keep that going is another matter. HMRC might deem it to be one operation.

Reply to
polygonum

Mine was a fairly free translation since my ancient Greek is a tad rusty.

If he wants to complain that I've miss-quoted him, he's only got to speak up.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet