Genius!

I've got one of these multipurpose ladders

which I use all the time inside & out, exactly like the picture but with a stabiliser each end - makes for a very solid ladder.

Problem is using it indoors the black feet on the stabiliser can mark walls and if used at a fairly sharp angle the top of the box section can scratch.

Been trying to think of a solution for ages - it finally came to me - a double oven glove! Fits neatly over each end of the stabiliser providing a soft non marking surface!

I was so pleased when it fitted like a (oven) glove.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I've got several layers of bubble wrap taped round, doing the same thing. I've also seen pipe insulation used for this.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I use socks...

Reply to
Huge

My mark one anti damage ladder device (MOALD) for short can be fitted or removed in seconds, ideal for inside or outside use! I may patent it!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Around here socks are what you put coal in. Socks wouldn't help with this ladder, although they protect the wall from the black plastic end caps, they don't stop damage from the box section & bolts when the ladder is used at a steep angle.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Some one has beaten you to it

ladder mitts

Tony

Reply to
TMC

The legs of an old pair of jeans here (held on with (of course) gaffa tape.

Reply to
Chris Hodges

£18? My oven glove was £1:99 :-)
Reply to
The Medway Handyman

£1:99 is overpriced. Do you know how much they are at the pound shop?

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 21:29:11 GMT, "ARWadsworth" mused:

Reply to
Lurch

No idea? How much?

:-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Price=MC^2 when M=1 and C=1. Even Albert knows.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I was in Erith a while ago, not a terribly prestigious area - when the pikeys moved in the council put the rates up because they improved the area :-)

I saw an 89p shop! Thats when you know its time to move out!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

You should have bought some oven gloves and saved £1.10 whilst you were there :-)

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

No that's the bath.....

Reply to
Andy Hall

I'd rather spend that bit extra, at the pound shop - it's a quality thing, you know...

:-)

Reply to
Frank Erskine

But that would have involved leaving the van unattended while he went in the shop.

No point gaining an oven glove and losing a set of wheels.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Surely you mean 85p