Genius!

I've got one of these multipurpose ladders http://www.wickes.co.uk/invt/530198 which I use all the time inside & out, exactly like the picture but with a stabiliser each end - makes for a very solid ladder.
Problem is using it indoors the black feet on the stabiliser can mark walls and if used at a fairly sharp angle the top of the box section can scratch.
Been trying to think of a solution for ages - it finally came to me - a double oven glove! Fits neatly over each end of the stabiliser providing a soft non marking surface!
I was so pleased when it fitted like a (oven) glove.
--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

I've got several layers of bubble wrap taped round, doing the same thing. I've also seen pipe insulation used for this.
--
Andrew Gabriel

I use socks...
--
"Religion poisons everything."
[email me at huge huge (dot) org <dot> uk]
Huge wrote:

Around here socks are what you put coal in. Socks wouldn't help with this ladder, although they protect the wall from the black plastic end caps, they don't stop damage from the box section & bolts when the ladder is used at a steep angle.
--
Dave
The Medway Handyman
On 2007-08-14 23:37:07 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"

No that's the bath.....
Andrew Gabriel wrote:

My mark one anti damage ladder device (MOALD) for short can be fitted or removed in seconds, ideal for inside or outside use! I may patent it!
--
Dave
The Medway Handyman
writes:

Some one has beaten you to it
http://www.midlandladders.net/www.midlandladders.net/info.php?p=3&pno=0
Called ladder mitts
Tony
TMC wrote:

18? My oven glove was 1:99 :-)
--
Dave
The Medway Handyman
writes:

1:99 is overpriced. Do you know how much they are at the pound shop?
Adam
On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 21:29:11 GMT, "ARWadsworth"

84p.
--
Regards,
Stuart.
Lurch wrote:

Surely you mean 85p
-- Adrian C
ARWadsworth wrote:

No idea? How much?
:-)
--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Price=MC^2 when M=1 and C=1. Even Albert knows.
Adam
ARWadsworth wrote:

I was in Erith a while ago, not a terribly prestigious area - when the pikeys moved in the council put the rates up because they improved the area :-)
I saw an 89p shop! Thats when you know its time to move out!
--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

You should have bought some oven gloves and saved 1.10 whilst you were there :-)
Adam
ARWadsworth wrote:

But that would have involved leaving the van unattended while he went in the shop.
No point gaining an oven glove and losing a set of wheels.
Owain
On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 00:09:42 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
I'd rather spend that bit extra, at the pound shop - it's a quality thing, you know...
:-)
--
Frank Erskine

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

The legs of an old pair of jeans here (held on with (of course) gaffa tape.
--
Spamtrap in use
To email replace 127.0.0.1 with btinternet dot com