General quality of new houses?

Today, you can get cushions and pillows made from recycled plastic bottels and newspapers - which is worrying.

Reply to
John Smith

There were far larger scandals exposed in labour councils in the 70's. I can't actually find any references to them tho. before Internet.

However we were not having a willy waving contest on which particular council is the most corrupt, merely falsifying your naive assumption that the planning laws are not subject to being bent and broken by liberal applications of kickbacks. Its been proved that in *at least one case, in a court of law*, it was.

That is all that is needed to prove you wrong.

The fact that the majority of material I came up with was councils internal policy documents trying to demonstrate how corruption free they are, is also highly suggestive. 'Methinks they doth protest too much'.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

> leID=812722

So, only one, and a small one at that. As I say "Hardly in the Tory Porter league", and then there was Mark Thatcher who suddenly became super, super wealthy, and Ridley, enviro minister, who had extensions built in the Cotswolds and opposed all others, and that slag from Essex, Gorman, who built parts of her house without planning permission, etc, etc.

Feeble attempt too.

Reply to
IMM

The name T Dan Smith and Poulson ring a bell.

AJH

Reply to
sylva

In article , The Natural Philosopher writes

T. Dan Smith. Birmingham IIRC ('net connection's down at the mo.)

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

In article , IMM writes

Meacher (former Nu Labur Environment Minister) has 22 houses

Ruth Kelly is paid £91K and already has accrued 11K in pension rights due to the vote by Nu Labur MPS after the last election to give themselves a 47 % pay and pension increase. Yet she refuses to help equitable life policy holders, even though when the storm first started MP's were given a special deal to get their money out.

Diane Abbott sends her son to a private school.

Harriet Harman (And her Trade Union Husband ?Jack Dromy) sent their kids to a private school and had no problem getting them into Bristol Uni. While taking her kids back to Brisl she was stopped for speeding on the M4 in her ministerial car - no action taken of course.

I wonder if Phony Liar will ever be prosecuted for the worst election rigging of all time ?. I refer to opening the floodgates to 'asylum seekers' on 2-may-1997, then lining the pockets of his legal cronies with legal aid to delay the process of 'removing them', giving them and their kids guaranteed housing, schooling, medical and dental care, then quietly abandoning the 'attempt' to remove 50,000 of them. This means they will get to become UK cits and have the vote. Now I wonder who they are going to vote for ?. Then there is the postal vote shambles.

Reply to
Andrew

And??

And??

And??

And??

About what? I see no corruption owning houses.

< snip garbage taken from the right wing gutter press >

How is Little Middle England today?

Reply to
IMM

I wouldn't know. Suggest you look out of you window.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Are they on the march today?

Reply to
IMM

Looks like they are on your computer actually.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Such wit.

Reply to