Gelcoat on a shower tray cracked . . ?

Hi all, Our shower tray was fitted when we moved in and it's a solid cast one. The white gelcoat has cracked and left a hole, exposing the resin cast below.

Would this do the job >>

Paul

Tend to find Glasplies cheaper

If the gelcoat has cracked would guess its indicative of a crack that runs deeper. Repair is unlikely to look neat or be very effective long term.

Could be poor support below cast shower tray should be bedded in sandy mortar to support base evenly.

Adam

Reply to
Adam Aglionby

At 4 or 5 quid it is cheap enough. The main problem is that you will not get a good shade match. If the alternative is to rip it all out, I'd live with it. Like that Irish bloke recently with a tiling problem.

As long as the water goes down the plughole and is unlikely to land in the fridge, what's the problem?

Reply to
Michael Mcneil