GE MCB's

I've got a new-ish (made 2001) GE CU (it was a wrong item in a delivery and never collected by the supplier) I'm going to use it to replace a friends old one.

Are MCBs' a standard fitment, so I can just use whatever is available or do they vary from makers to maker.?

However, they don't seem to be a common CU make and the places I've checked so far - local supplier, Screwfix, TLC don't have them. I'm sure I can source them if I look, but if MK or whatever will fit I'll just use them (yes I can tootle off to my local trade counter to check the fit, but I'll not have time to do that until next week sometime.

Reply to
chris French

I think you may find that some wholesalers' "own brand" MCBs are actually GE ones. Try Denmans for a start.

In general I've found that MCBs can be mixed but you may find that the busbar(s) need a bit of a bodge.

Reply to
usenet

I cannot remember which is which, but I believe that Hagar MCBs fit the GE units or Wikes own brand (possibly rebranded GET).

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

In message , ARWadsworth writes

Well it sounds like some others at least will fit, which is what I really wanted to know. I've since remembered that I have a spare unused MCB in the greenhouse CU. Maybe MK, but I can't remember. I'll start by getting that out and trying it over the weekend.

Reply to
chris French

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 14:07:40 +0100, chris French strung together this:

Some fit, some don't. Some can be made to fit, somehow.

If you ring Screwfix up they might have some, they used to have GE boards, I called them up for some GE stuff from old stock and they had quite a bit laying around the place.

Reply to
Lurch

In message , chris French writes

Well, took it out and tried it. It was a MK one and it fitted fine so I'll probably just get some of those.

Reply to
chris French