gas meter box

Hello,

I have a white plastic box on the side of my house, housing the gas meter. It catches all the sun and I think this has made the plastic brittle. When I tried to unlock it, the plastic snapped in my hand. Who is responsible for the box: me or the gas company? If the latter, will they charge to replace it?

TIA

Reply to
Fred

I think that you are responsible. When you have a meter moved, for example, you have to provide a new box for them to put the meter in.

If it is still in production you might be able to buy a new one and just swap the door over.

Robert

Reply to
RobertL

This came up a couple of weeks ago. See here: -

Dave Osborne

attaches to snapped. If I can somehow open the lock - if I am lucky and can turn the broken triangle with pliers - then I might just be able to change the lock. Let's hope so. thanks again.

Reply to
Fred

There is no dead lock on mine. So try sliding a knife in and lift the latch

Reply to
zaax