Gas leak problem - please help,

I connected a manometer up to my gas meter and the pressure shot to about 30. When I turned the gas off to test for leaks the pressure started to drop. I stopped when the pressure got to about 12mbar. I bought some gas leak detector spray and sprayed it on every joint but could not find a leak.

Any suggestions anyone?

Many thanks in advance.

Reply to
lavenders19

Turn off all of the appliance isolating valves and repeat the test using the procedure described in

6.

If there is still a leak (indicated by a pressure drop outsider spec) after this, then turn off the gas at the meter and identify where the leak is. If you are sure that you have tested all the joints then it must be in a hidden section of pipe.

If there is only a pressure drop when an appliance isolating valve is open, then the fault is with that appliance and needs to be fixed.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Not to speculate about your leak, but your reading of 30mbar is the gas supply pressure in the gas main, and not the regulated pressure after the gas meter; the gas meter pressure regulator only works when it has a load ( i.e. a working gas appliance ) to supply, that is, there is gas flow through the meter. If you turn on a gas appliance, like a gas hob, then measure the pressure after the gas meter, you should get 20mbar or so.

As for your leak, if it is still there, the only way to find it is detective work How many appliances do you hav connected to the gas? Can you isolate them from the gas pipe to rule them out as the source of the leak etc etc.

Andy.

Reply to
Andy