Gas cooker working fine apart from oven - no gas

I have a canon westminster oven cooker. It has been working fine for the past 4 or 5 years but has now deveolped a problem with the oven. Simply, it does not work. The ignition is there but no gas. All the other parts such as the gas burners, grill and electric timer are working fine but for some reason I can't get any gas out of the oven. Is there anyway to find what could be causing this or even better does anyone know if this is a well known fault.

Reply to
Rob Beattie

Was the oven cleaned recently? Could be you've got water in the oven supply pipe. Either disconnect the pipe to blow it clear or drain it, or perhaps you could warm it enough to boil off the water. Look for a low point.

John

Reply to
John

I would suspect the gas valve, especially if it isn't even getting as far as lighting the pilot.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle