gas boiler won't work in high winds

My Vokera combi boiler refused to light up the main burner during the weekend's strong winds. It's got a balanced flue which is just a pair of concentric pipes ending flush with the outside wall and then a small cage on the end, presumably to discourage birds nesting. I found that and rain water was blowing in and dripping from the outer pipe.

Is there some sort of extra cowling that can be added to reduce the wind and rain effects?

Reply to
andyv

It would have been better if the original installers had made the flue point downwards by a few degrees, this is best practice and is often in the install instructions.

If you have the installation manual (someone may have a copy if you say which model you have? RS Turbo 80 ?) it will specify the minimum clearances for the flue terminal. So all you have to do is install some weather protection that complies.

Reply to
Ed Sirett