Gas Boiler hot water fail after service - conspiracy?

My boiler was serviced less than a month ago. No hot water though the combi boiler CH works, and also running the HW with CH off results in radiators warming up.

Now coupled with my recent car problems when after a service/MOT the Ford Focus bonnet cover came loose then shortly after the lock broke I'm going conspiracy theory - "we need to get some money out of this guy somehow".

Perhaps I just shouldn't bother with services and wait for the item to break down.

Reply to
AnthonyL

In the case of a lot of modern equipment that's probably sensible. It doesn't need routine taking-apart and de-coking.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

No need to have a car serviced unless it's hit the required service interval (miles travelled and not "or every 12 months" )

As for Boilers then leave well alone until such time as something stops working. Our shop boiler (pre-condenser Valliant combi) runs around 12 hours a day during the C/H season. and that's burning for the full 12 hours not on/off of an insulated domestic property.

Diverter valve stopped diverting about 10 years ago but we don't use hot water anyway so I didn't bother fixing it. Only thing I've had to do to it in the last 15+ years was about 6 months ago when I had to open the burner box for the first time in it's life to give the flame sensor/thermocouple a rub over to remove a bit of oxidation which was delaying it's response to burner ignition causing it to shut down gas to burner.

2 minute job and we're good for another 15 years I expect. :)
Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

I have some sympathy with the old adage, if it ain't broke, don't fix it as quite often aging bits when disturbed tend to break very shortly afterwards. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff