Garden Light rubbish construction

I bought some c globetype lights recently to replace some I use as 'runway lights' down the side of my garden path. Talk about rubbish. These have push in bulbs, the socket is connected to the wire by bending the wire over a peg that is kind of oval with a flat and the idea is that the widest bit of the peg pushes the wire onto two spikes that connects it to the lamp. However this seems somewhat less than reliable after a few months relsulting in flickering and completely unworking 12v lights randomly. Secondly, the old lights had a short but wide spike that was quite good at keeping them upright in shallow soil. These ones have long thin ones that borttom out on the rocks and bits of concrete that is called my flower border and then break off ehen its windy. so much for design improvements. Grr. Brian
--
----- -

I've a desk light that uses one of this type of lamp. Has been working for many years, but I'd never use such a type outdoors. Too prone to corrosion.
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

I'd not use this for mains, these are 12 volt lights and made by Ring, who I think have gone bust. I wonder why? Brian

----- -