Garden hose leak - on water meter !!!!

Bit of an assumption there innit ?

He might water at night due to it being better for the plants than watering during sunlight, or might prefer the higher water pressure.

I assume you're so anal about a post on usenet because you're a Water Company shareholder ? or more probably 'cos you can't get it up ;)

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

Don't be fooled by all this drought lark and we have all to go on meters. If we all use less water their profits take a dive. All they will do is put up the price to maintain their profits. It happens with everything we consume. Look at petrol diesel, the more miles per gallon vehicles did, the less you bought so the less profit they made. What do they do--- put up the price of course. You can never win.

ken

Reply to
Ken

You may be right in the long term but currently I'm saving £160 / year and any rebalancing wont happen overnight.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Cap

Who mentioned drought?

Reply to
Mary Fisher

92.5%? Luxury. We dreamed of paying only 92.5%!

I pay =A34 a month to Portsmouth (no hosepipe ban there!) to deliver water. I pay =A311 a month to Southern to take it away again (and a bit of rain water, but not much)

rgds Alex.

Reply to
atmbelg

Nope. No hose-pipe ban. Live in Wales where we've got tons of the stuff. Just a pity we can't sell it to you lot over the border ! :-)

Instead you lot flood Welsh villages so that you can have water !!!! :-)

BTW. No reason for doing it at midnight. Wife just asked me to do it before I went to bed !

Reply to
paulfoel

Reply to
paulfoel

And you did?

If she wanted it doing she should have done it herself ... unless she's physically incapable of course.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Blimey. The above could only have been written by someone who doesn't have a wife...

David

Reply to
Lobster

No - but I AM a wife and wouldn't expect Spouse to do it. There are better things to do at midnight.

:-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Needlework?!

Reply to
Richard Conway

True. Maybe that's why he agreed to do as he was told?

David

Reply to
Lobster

Well, if that turns you on ...