Garden bench - What filler?

Am thinking of sprucing up an old neglected garden bench with some dark oak Sadolin I've got. There are a few splits here and there in the wood and I could just coat the splits with the Sadolin. However some are as much as

5-7mm wide. Any suggestions as to a good filler I could put in there?
Reply to
Ed

Needs to be flexible. Either P38 car body filler (elastic grade) or something sold for rotten windowsills.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Well, I've never geard of "elsstic P38", and the stuff that's used for filling window sills goes rock hard, too.

Ed, what design is the bench, and where are the "splits"? Do they go right through the timber, or collect water, or what?

Reply to
jerrybuilt

Thx. The bench is outside all weathers so I've decided whatever filling I use wouldn't stay in place too long. Anyway I'll coat the whole thing, splits and all. Thanks again.

Reply to
Ed