Garage Wiring- The Plan

Something else you don't understand.

Please stick to giving unsuitable advice about boilers.

At least there everyone knows to ignore you.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

[snip dangerous advice from our resident looney]
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Cable protection is fitted, by design at the supply end of the cable. Go and read the standard.

No. The size of cable that would be used for a connection to the garage would be too small to carry the current necessary to blow the main fuse. Hence a lower value circuit breaker is installed *before* the cable to the garage and *after* the main supplier fuse.

This is the safe combination.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Nope the original still stands. Take off mcb run single cable cables through conduit. In fact, my suggestion is just brilliant as usual.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

So, it is protected.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Go and read the standard.

Reply to
Andy Hall

But its far better to employ an under utilised plumbing counter assistant to do the digging .....like Dr Drivel for instance.

No worries Drivel, there will be a 5A MCB in next doors garden shed that will stop you getting vaporised.

Reply to
Matt

Some mothers...

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Why don't you stick to your own advice? I only see Dr D. via your replies. I'm getting close to KFing respondents.

Reply to
<me9

As I demonstrated it is *not* adequately protected. This *should* be obvious.

I explicitly asked if you thus intended use of 35mm sq singles in your conduit so as to ensure that the cable rating exceeded the main fuse rating on a 100A supply. You answered "No".

Now you are saying yes?

Would you care to make your mind up please?

The altitude is not relevant.

Reply to
John Rumm

Just because *you* can't run it neatly.

What's unappealing about the sensuously smooth curves of glossy black PVC sheath neatly formed and clipped into place?

Owain

Reply to
Owain