Garage floor

Following the advice of a couple of weeks ago, the garage ceiling has been plasterboarded, a integrated loft hatch/ladder[1] installed for access to the roof space, lighting done and I'm now sealing the concrete floor.

I'm planning on battening the wall, insulating and plasterboarding - how low to the floor should the battens go if I was leaving the floor sealed and not adding anything else like tiles etc? Leave a gap or doesn't it matter?

And...

I fancy doing something with the floor - I like the look of some of the tiles but they cost an arm and a leg, it's about 36m2. The floor needs to bear heavy weights (motorbikes for now but possibly car as well) and there can't be too much of a ramp from the drive as I need to be able to push the bikes in (backwards usually) and I'm a bit of a wimp. Ideas?

Still not really planned how far I'm going with this, I'll certainly plasterboard the walls and have it all plastered, if I can get a nice tile effect floor that would be great. After that I suppose I could put all the garagey stuff in the roof, the garden stuff will go into outdoor storage and that leaves me a pretty good space for a sort of games room.

It's all been relatively cheap so far and doing the ceiling has had a marked positive affect on lighting effectiveness and perception of the garage space.

[1] Has anybody bought and fitted one of these from Wickes/B&Q? - the instructions on how/where to fit the springs are missing. Works ok without but...
Reply to
Mike Buckley

I used this stuff:

my garage floor a few years ago. Has lasted well and I park two cars on it.

Not cheap though, and you need to allow for expansion if it gets hot (i.e. in direct sunlight).

Reply to
Devany

"Mike Buckley" wrote snip............

Nothing positive, but I'd be wary of laying a floor with high slipperiness factor if you are going to push m-bikes around on it (possibly with wet tyres).

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster