gaps in t&g faced garage doors

How best to fill them? I Made some garage doors last year and they were faced with pine t&g floor boards. over summer, gaps of up to 5mm have appeared which I need to fill and repaint over. I have just tried some premixed Polly filla and some decorators filler(in a trigger gun) that I have around, but the pollyfilla goes to hard to quickly and the decorators filler doesn't give a good finish.

am I best buying and mixing my own filler or is there any better products to use?

Steve

Reply to
R.P.McMurphy

Or do it properly - move the boards along so they're snug again, and paint them before they get damp.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Wood is a natural material which can move a bit with the weather. If I was filling these gaps I'd use a flexible sealant, such as acrylic frame sealant.

Andy

Reply to
Andy

Don't bother. By the end of winter they will be closed up again

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

each plank is securly nailed down, so thats not an option.

steve

Reply to
r.p.mcmurphy

get yourself some polysulfide or polyurethane sealent, these sealents are regularly used in wooden boat building to caulk the seams between hull planking, they both bond tenaciously and can be over painted, also they stay quite flexable and should eaisly handle seasonal changes in the timber.

Reply to
boatbuilder