Fused spurs

Does anyone know where to obtain a fused spur (switched or unswitched) which has a connector (with a hole for the appliance cable) which screws into the spur front, and will they handle 2kW? I can't see them in the sheds. TIA.

Reply to
Brass Monkey

Or just a fused spur with cable outlet.

Reply to
Brass Monkey

Brass Monkey coughed up some electrons that declared:

they will go upto 13A by design (=3kW more or less).

HTH

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

Fused spur with flex outlet (flex exits flush against the wall)

you want the flex exits out the front of the plate, these appear to be more common these days in the decorative styles

Owain

Thanks chaps, I tried ebay and found these -

Brass Monkey

Look for FCU with cable outlet. Most these days come out from the bottom rather than the front so aren't that obvious in the shop. With suitable cable all can do up to 13 amps or 3 Kw.

Noticed them in Wicks the other day. But any proper wholesaler will have them in a variety of makes. So you should be able to match your existing fittings.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)