Fused spur & Part P

I may be installing a power shower in the near future. It will need a (3 amp) fused spur.

Is diy ok, or does it fall foul of Part P?

you did it last year didn't you ?

;-)

Reply to
brugnospamsia

On 24 Feb 2005 19:47:42 GMT, F strung together this:

Inside the scope of Part P as it's in a bathroom in a dwelling.

Reply to
Lurch

The spur could be outside the bathroom.....

Reply to
Mike Harrison

Gonna be Part P, I'm afraid - in a special location.

Reply to
Gary Cavie

Lurch wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Erm, it's in a shower room. No bath, no toilet, no handbasin... and I just know you're going to tell me that it's still Part P.

Second attempt to wriggle out. The installation instructions say that the switch must be out of reach of anyone using the shower and that it could be outside the room. Still Part P?

what I don't get is all these people who want to wriggle around part P, but post here looking for some sort of get out clause. If you want to do it them go ahead and do it. If they are going to prosecute you then you could well be giving then some ammo by leaving this trail of documentation, showing that you are aware of part P... they're monitoring everything you know :-)

If you are competent then there is no great issue, ultimately it will be very difficult for THEM to prove it was installed after 1/1/2005, at least for a good few years, unless your cable, or pump has a date code on it.

But as an alternative view, it is my understanding that items under the bathroom floor do not fall under part P as a special location (e.g lighting circuits) so with the spur located outside the room there is some scope for looking at this in a similar vain, depending on the exact location of the pump.

cheers

David

Reply to
David M

David M wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net:

Perhaps my decision to use 'wriggle' was a bad one.

Just looking to find a way to do it without contravening Part P. If I can do it legally, I will. If not, I won't. Hence the 'trail' isn't an issue for me.