Funeral

If I went in to a church at 8:30 for a service that is due to end around

12:15 I'd have to take a bottle and funnel with me.
Reply to
Jeff Gaines

Jeff Gaines <jgaines snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk> wrote

Your incontinence is your problem.

You could tie a knot in your dick if you have a microscope handy.

Reply to
Rod Speed

It'll be OK if you are dead.

Reply to
Pancho

You drink with a funnel?

Reply to
R Souls

They were probably advised to wear nappies (or diapers in the case of Biden), as royal servants are told to do.

Reply to
Max Demian

Colin Bignell

My mother was in the WAAF during the war. Some planes had a funnel and pipe leading outside for just this purpose. Her least favourite job as an aircraft fitter was cleaning it.

Reply to
Alan J. Wylie

About 12 years ago, I was in hospital with an infection from a prostate biopsy (not uncommon).

One of the guys had had a serious urine retention problen, and they eventually emptied many litres out of him.

They couldn't operate immediately, so he went back to work with a catheter and a leg bag. He was a van driver.

He said it was great. He could stop almost 'at his convenience'. If the bag got full, he'd stop in a layby or similar, put his foot out at the right angle, and open the tap. Job done.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Still seems like a high price to pay for not taking your health seriously.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

At the temperatures up there, I would be worried about something freezing off when using such a device.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

It was so funny at the time, but my dad had an op at BRI and had to use a catheter for a while. I met him in the pub standing at the bar with the valve open slightly so beer was going in the top and pee was running out on the floor.

Reply to
jon

Am 19.09.2022 um 18:25 schrieb jon:

continuous flow heater. Isn't it?

Reply to
Matthias Czech

Curious. You believe that he ended up with a catheter and a leg bag because “he didn’t take his health seriously”. Pray tell us what you are doing to ensure that your prostate never enlarges.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Don't get that.

He cared for his health sufficiently to agree to a biopsy. Sometimes there are unintended complications from caring for one's own life.

Reply to
Fredxx

or being hit on the ground by a flying yellow icicle......

Reply to
SH

It was wartime, so not a problem if you did it over enemy territory.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

Indeed. In my case it was cancer. Choroidal melanoma in January, prostate tumours in July.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Rather more convenient to wear a nappy for just the one event.

Reply to
Rod Speed

What do you suggest I do? Take female hormones?? The fact is - as you well know - a certain degree of enlargement is pretty much normal and inevitable as a chap gets older. I get checked annually and have done since the age of 48. So far, so good. However, I have friends who've f***ed their innards by ignoring the tell-tale symptoms. These are reasonably intelligent people so why they didn't seek treatment as the waterworks issue worsened is beyond me. They're paying for that lack of concern now, though!

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

The usual issue is that men just don't go and see their doctor when they first begin to have difficulty taking a piss. That's an early warning sign you can't afford to ignore. Even before that eventuality, you need to be taking steps to avoid it by getting checked every year after say 50, even if you're completely asymptomatic. But they typically don't. I think it's a combo of fear and ignorance.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom