fun with a stanley knife

I didn't ask for proof :-)

The story is that I had a brain tumour. It ws removed,. I was declared sane and healthy by the neurosurgeon. I didn't ask. Can anyone else here say the same?

Can you?

If not, how do you know that you ARE sane?

Don't bother replying, I'm not doubting it. And I don't expect anyone to doubt may sanity either - but if they do I can point to my medical history, which not many people can.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

In message , BigWallop writes

In a slight tangential vein ...

What is the URL for the No More Nails Crucifix pik ?

Reply to
raden

If what I read in the papers about this was true, then I sincerely hope the driver gets his come-uppance as well.

David

Reply to
Lobster

Okay, so basically you were declared compos mentis so they could claim success and discharge you :-)

Almost certainly not.

I should be okay as long as I keep taking the tablets.

It's not safe to make assumptions like that.

Really? ;^>

Indeed.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Stuffed

"Dave Liquorice" wrote | > As long as you don't need an ambulance from London to Inverness. | Horrible story. Some one is for the high jump and I don't mean the | driver but his bosses. And that firm should loose any NHS transport | contracts they have.

It would probably have been cheaper to give him a first class ticket on GNER. Toilets, restaurant car (while it lasts), and a nicer view.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Yes my mouth bleeds every 28 days. Yours?

Reply to
malcolm.white

I'm not so sure, I suspect the driver could well have been caught between a rock and hard place. Without medical training or absolute permission would you risk moving a patient or giving them food? What would the public reaction be if the driver gave the patient a Snickers bar and he was allergic to nuts?

The driver is not completly innocent but I doubt we are getting the whole story. You rarely do in the media these days.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

The sculpter nailed to the Angle Of The North?

Or am I letting the cat out of the bag... ? :-)

Reply to
Dorothy Bradbury

that could be the right angle ...

.. 'ere we go again!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

You could be looking at this from the wrong Angel you know. Dorothy the Angle was only trying to help.

(OK.....I'll get mee coat)

Reply to
BigWallop

In message , Stuffed writes

A friend asked for it and, could I find the URL ?

no prizes for the answer

Reply to
raden

No, Arthur, come back!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

*smile*
Reply to
Dorothy Bradbury

In message , Dorothy Bradbury writes

No, you missed the "no more" bit

Reply to
raden

Well, how about opening the door *once* during the 12-hour journey and saying 'you all right in there mate?' or 'do you need a pee'? or something?

I quite agree; it's hard to believe this one's true as reported.

David

Reply to
Lobster

"tim noakes" wrote in news:cpvoeh$i8i$ snipped-for-privacy@hercules.btinternet.com:

Reading that, I suddenly remembered my first stiches (from hitting a door mirror with my hand while riding a motorbike, BTW not a good idea). Nurse painted the damaged area with Whitehead's varnish (which is, apparently, "compound iodoform paint BPC"). But it certainly seemed pretty much like french polish. At least it seems unlikely that there would be a BSE risk from beetle extract!

Reply to
Rod Hewitt

I recall my father using glue made from fish bones, and it smelt like going-off fish too. I can't remember how it was prepared and applied though.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

My artist friends swore by rabbit skin glue, I suspect that generic animal glue was from anything and everything, especialy bovine and equine. But preparing some stock from pigs' trotters the other day reminded me how sticky that was when over-boiled and left to gel!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Those little yellow beads were the modern version of the much darker coloured slabs of glue. This was made from animal hooves into slabs resembling the toffee slabs which were broken with little metal hammers before sale in sweet shops. The glue was melted down using double pots fitting one inside the other. The lower one containing water the other sitting just above the water level was for melting the glue. The smell was very pleasant, I remember, so much so that my mother let my father heat his glue on the kitchen stove before using it in the workshop. The glue brush was left the in the glue after use and became embedded in the in the hardened glue looking like something good enough to eat. As a lad I couldn't get enough of that smell. Glue sniffing has a longer history than most people realise. Thank you for reminding me of my old dad, a carpenter who would be 104 if alive today.

Reply to
Don